Whether you are selecting a engineer to give your boiler, cooker or stove its annual service, or planning a much bigger project such as a home extension or conversion of your heating system – you will want to ensure that you employ the best person for the job.
Why should you choose an OFTEC registered technician?
You need an experienced technician who has been trained on modern, high-efficiency appliances, who can give you sound advice when necessary, and whom you can trust to carry out the work properly. In short, you need an OFTEC Registered technician. There’s a simple way to avoid the risk of falling victim to a ‘cowboy’ operator. Before you ask a technician to call, enquire if he or she is OFTEC Registered (and if not, why not?)
OFTEC Registered Engineers :
- Are individually trained at an OFTEC Approved Training Centre, and their skills independently assessed before they can apply for OFTEC Registration
- Have their work inspected from time to time by an OFTEC Inspector
- Are re-assessed every five years to maintain their Registration
- Carry an identity card confirming the type of oil heating work for which they are registered
- Have to hold appropriate insurance to work in your home
- Are able (in England and Wales) to self-certify work for which they are Registered. This saves you time and money, as non-Registered technicians must, by law, notify Local Authority Building Control, or submit plans when installing oil-fired appliances
- Will leave with you a written statement of the work they have done on your appliance, replacement parts fitted and recommendations for work needed in the future.
All works guaranteed. No call out fee. No job too big or problem too small.
If your requirement is not listed or is a little more involved, please feel free to call us on 07949 064 979 or get in touch.
Have an emergency?
No call out charges, Available 24/7