Join the Elements team
Due to company expansion, we are recruiting plumbers, heating engineers and apprentice plumbers.
Please note we do not use recruitment agencies.
Job Vacancy for Plumbing & Plumbing Engineers
Location: Hampshire / Surrey / West Sussex
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable
- Hold a full UK manual driving licence and be confident driving and working in local area
- Domestic experience welcome
- Competent with all plumbing diagnostics, servicing, maintenance & repair
- Experience in bathroom installations
- Strong customer skills
- Qualified installer of vented and un-vented cylinders
- Experience managing own workload
- Ability to work confidently in high end properties
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 with post qualification experience
Job Vacancy for Plumbing Apprenticeships
Joining our team as an plumbing apprentice requires your long term commitment. You will carry out tasks related to the plumbing trade, under the supervision of one of our qualified plumbing engineers and consistent with apprenticeship year level. You will attend an off the job trade school to complete learning and assessment outcomes required for a plumbing apprenticeship at one of our partner training providers.
Location: Hampshire / Surrey / West Sussex
During you apprenticeship you will:
Gain recognised qualifications through a level 2 or 3 Plumbing apprenticeship
- Shadowing one of our plumbers complete jobs in the construction, assembly, maintenance, repair, alteration or renovation of plumbing installations, in domestic and commercial environments.
- Use of hand tools, e.g. hand saws, pipe cutters, screwdrivers, wrenches, measuring tapes and levelling devices.
- Leave a safe, clean and tidy environment once works are completed
- Providing customers with exceptional customer service whilst in their properties
- Follow established policies and procedures for Protective Personal Apparel (PPE)
- Follow appropriate manual handling techniques for manual tasks including lifting and moving items
- Follow safety and environmental practices for handling plumbing products, fluids and waste products
- Other reasonable ad-hoc tasks and duties as and when required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and dependable nature
- Attention to detail whilst being able to work to deadlines
If you are interested in joining our team please contact us on 07949 064 979 or email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
An apprenticeship is full time employment which is accompanied by a skills training programme. Meaning you can earn and learn at the same time. It allows an apprentice to gain a combination of on-the-job practical experience as well as technical knowledge and functional, transferable skills.
Apprenticeships include the following components
• Knowledge based elements
• Competence based elements
• Functional Skills (English, Maths, ICT if relevant to role)
• A module on employment rights and responsibilities
• A module on Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
There are no upper age limits for apprenticeships now so as long as you meet the entry requirements below then you are eligible to apply. You must:
- Have to be over 16 years old or above
- Be living in England and not taking part in full time education
- Have GCSE’s in English and Maths at grade A-C or the equivalent functional skills.
Previous work experience isn’t essential, but we’ll still need to assess if you have the right attitude and ‘passion’ for our business and the apprenticeship you’ve applied for. We do this via a strengths based interview where you’ll need to show us what other things you’ve done, and the skills and experience you’ve gained from other activities. For example, if you play sport you may be able to talk about being a team player or managing a team. If you have any hobbies like mountain biking where you work on your own bikes etc. Maybe you race remote control cars or if you love to snowboard / ski. If you’ve had a part-time job, you can talk about what this has taught you. The job itself isn’t important.
What we’re interested in, is if you can transfer the skills, knowledge and experience you’ve gained to working in a professional environment like ours. It’s who you are and what you can offer that matters to Elements Plumbing & Heating Ltd as we can teach you everything else.
Our apprenticeships take between one and four years to complete as duration varies between programme and the qualifications you are working towards.
All apprentices at Elements are contracted for 40 hours per week, and times will depend day to day but will be discussed at interview with you.
You are entitled to 20 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
All of our apprenticeship opportunities are advertised on the recruitment page of our website and applications are made online which will involve submitting a CV and giving us a call.
We are committed to growing our own talent and producing the next generation of tradesmen and women. Once you are fully qualified we aim to then give you far more responsibility, run your own jobs, maybe have your own apprentice in the future.